About The Beehive
About The Beehive
The clubs aim is to continue education through play for all pupils, while creating a safe, supportive, fun and happy environment.
We aim to deliver clubs based on the playwork principles which recognise that play is a biological need and is essential for healthy development.
As playworkers we get to know your children and support them in creating a space where they can play. We try to anticipate their needs and provide the opportunities for them to extend their play, perhaps in ways they would not be able to do elsewhere.
As playworkers we regard play as something which is freely chosen.
In other words we accept that children are the experts on play and as much as possible we allow them to follow their own instincts and develop their ideas in their own way and for their own reasons.
The right to play is the child’s first claim on the community. Play is nature’s training for life. No community can infringe that right without doing enduring harm to the minds and bodies of its citizens.
(David Lloyd George 1925)
Meet the team
Our qualified, reliable staff offer quality wrap around care for your children.
- Ratio of 1 adult to 8 children
- Each club managed by an experienced NVQ Level 3 Manager with extensive safeguarding and First Aid training
- All staff have attended Playwork training
- All our staff are DBS checked
- All staff required to carry out training for PREVENT and FGM
- All staff required to attend a Universal Safeguarding Course.
- Most staff hold current 12 Hour Paediatric First Aid certification, updated every three years.
- All managers hold Level 2 Food Hygiene certificates
- All Managers regularly attend seminars and courses run by the Local Authority.
Director & Owner
Manager, Nine Mile Ride School
Manager, Crown Wood School
Manager, Wooden Hill School
Manager, Finchampstead C of E School